Old 25-05-2011, 12:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Tree ID and Advice

On May 25, 12:22*pm, "'Mike'" wrote:
"'Mike'" wrote in message

louisxiv wrote in ...
Hi folks

The tree in attached image is of sentimental value and I'd like to know
what it is and how to take a cutting from it or propogate it by any
means.

It was covered until recently in pink blossom.

TIA for any advice.

MA

http://tinypic.com/r/vf8jlg/7

Looks very much like Winter Flowering Cherry to me.

Mike

http://www.newforestnpa.gov.uk/winter_flowering_cherry

Just chopped ours down, too big for our tiny garden.

The neighbour had some of the wood for woodturning ;-))

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

It is some form of Columnar Flowering Prunus Trees, not easy to
propagate, but most certainly not a winter flowering cherry.