Old 25-05-2011, 07:31 PM
Drobium's Avatar
Drobium Drobium is offline
Registered User

Location: Bedworth ,Warwickshire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayneB View Post
Hiya I've tried searching google and can't find an answer. I have three trays of trailing geraniums, each with four plants in. I'm wanting to put four in a 30cm basket or do I need more or less? If it'sd less how many would go in a 35cm basket?

I also want to put some in a 14" wire wall basket.

Really apreciate your advice.

Oh also I was going to put water gel crystals in but have read that Geraniums like to be on the dry side so not sure if to leave them out.
At work we plant up hundreds of geranium baskets every summer and usually would only put 3 ivy leaved geraniums into a 30cm wicker basket.
You'll find that they'll grow alot better, as each plant has more room and will therefore grow bigger and with less competition, bear more flowers.

As regards to a wire basket We'd put 3 in the top and two in the gaps between in the sides.
Yay! it's spring!