Old 25-05-2011, 05:21 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
mogga mogga is offline

Default Blackcurrants...

On Wed, 25 May 2011 09:47:44 +0100, Warwick
wrote:

Given the sheer size of the site and the absolute lack of planting... It
looks more like an abandoned council park... I'd be adding in Loganberry,
thornless bramble, elder, apple, cherry, pear, plum.

A site map and a five year plan would probably be a good start.

Warwick

I've only got a section of it. There are 10 plots and a carpark area

It is indeed an abandoned bit of wasteland.

We are having fruit trees round the edge and I want a damson as well!

From the other end of the plot it looks much more cultivated - I was
stood at the far end. Everyone has started on their plots bar one now!
It'll take months of work before it gets to look like proper
allotments all over - maybe even years !
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk