Old 25-05-2011, 07:31 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Mike Lyle[_1_] Mike Lyle[_1_] is offline
Registered User

Default Lily beetle

The red lily beetle have been at work, and I'm not completely mobile
at the moment. So far, my lilies haven't had a full-scale assault, but
my beloved snake's-head fritillaries have been copping it a bit. I've
caught a few and squashed them, and gone over the leaves for eggs and
larvae; but it occurs to me that the fritillaries are pretty near over
anyway, with seed pods fairly well developed and many leaves looking
tired. So I'm going to cut them off and dispose of the little sods'
food supply. How sensitive are snake's-heads to cutting down before
they die down naturally?

--
Mike.