Old 20-04-2003, 06:21 AM
NetMax

Default Java moss & Riccia fluitans storage/packaging

"Paul Disdle" wrote in message
Ricca cost about £3.00 for a 3cm clump mail order in the uk. It aint

cheap
but grows good.

Paul

Thanks to everyone for their feedback. Upon further investigation, my
suspected riccia may actually be Parrotfeather, or Watermilfoil, sci.
name is Myriophyllum aquaticum. It is still a very pretty little plant
which seems to be growing nicely. I looked at about 30 pictures (and
they are all somewhat different from each other), but this link
http://www.ecy.wa.gov/programs/wq/pl...s/aqua003.html is the
closest (top right, where the plant is held in someone's fingers).

Considering how difficult it is to ID plants (the same type of plant
often grows completely differently because of lighting & nutrients
levels), it is a wonder that we are talking about the right plants half
the time ;o)
(or maybe it is just me ).

NetMax