Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_5_] Paddy's Pig[_5_] is offline

Default Raindrop --- (a small technical point)

"Paddy's Pig" wrote in message
Rain fall on plant in my backyard - single drop falling from leaf

Although I shot this with a macro lens it is NOT --- repeat NOT a macro
shot.

It is a close-up. That is all it is.

One poster I've seen in this group insists on calling his closeups macros.

To be a true macro the subject (in this case the drop itself) must be about
the same size on the sensor or film plane as it is in real life --- in other
words about a 1:1 ratio.

This image is nowhere close to that 1:1 ratio.
--
Pat Durkin