Old 26-12-2010, 01:19 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default He's Baaaaack!

On Wed, 22 Dec 2010 17:55:11 EST, JB wrote:

The Great Blue Heron that is. sigh The pond is covered in leaf netting
but that didn't stop him/her from dropping in to gaze at the fish below.
Not interested in having my fish serve as a meal for him/her as ~jan's
home video documented last year.

What's a ponder to do?!

As long as your leaf netting is high enough above the water that he can't
stab thru, your fish should be safe. How about one of those rifles that
just shoots air? I always thought a paint gun would be kind of a good
message.... I doubt you'd want any getting in the pond though. ~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us