Old 05-02-2011, 02:42 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
W. Dale[_2_] W. Dale[_2_] is offline

Default Three Blind Mice (and all their relatives!)

On Jan 24, 6:44 am, Jim Elbrecht wrote:
"W. Dale" wrote:

-snip-

Thanks, Joe.
I had not thought about using PVC pipe to protect other animals from
the D-Con. That is a very good idea. I will give it a try.

Here are some other ideas-http://agr.mt.gov/weedpest/pdf/VertBulletins/GS

_BaitStations.PDF

The PVC T's are what I use in the garden. The T makes it easier to
load and check.

Jim

And I have plenty of PVC and T that I cannot use for much of anything
anymore. As soon as the weather begins to warm up and I will try
this.
Thanks for the link to the bait stations article, Jim. Most
informative. We do not have many squirrels here on my side of
Colorado Springs so they are not a bother. The mice though. Since
the creation of this housing development some years ago, all the
predators have pretty much moved out and the mice and all stayed! I
did see an owl across the street last week and that was very cool!
Hopefully a few more predators will return (not the big blue "chicken"
though).
Thanks for all the suggestions and help.
W. Dale