Old 06-04-2011, 08:07 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Patrick Patrick is offline

Default Green Water

Ok folks, I'm about to give up. My pond is in the middle of my house (think
a square donut) so, even though outside I get little exposure to the
predators. It is small at about 500-ish gallons and has just 3 Koi. The
largest is about 12" with the smallest at about 8".

I have done what I can to stop the growth of the algae but even after
draining 3/4 of the volume, treating with an algaecide, adding beneficial
bacteria, I can't seem to get control of this. No string algae just really,
really green water. I'm considering putting the fish in a temp 50-60 gallon
container and running a bleach solution through the system (post cleaning).

It's either this or sending them off to the Otter Exposed pond at my friends
house..

Any, All suggestions appreciated.

--
Patrick Fischer