Old 10-05-2011, 05:37 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
john ryan john  ryan is offline

Default Carp fish with pond plant

B and Q are selling some very reasonably priced pond water-lilies at the
moment. We have just got one and it says on the packet that it is: "nymphaea
marliacea albida".

It also says *do not* put in the pond with Koi Fish. Now all our Koi died
when we put in the pond some fish coming from China, which effectively
exported from there a Koi fish disease some years ago.

But we now have Goldfish,(some are pretty big). As i understand it goldfish
are a type of Carp, as are Koi fish.

So would anyone know if we can put goldfish safely in with this lily?
Thanks.