Old 26-05-2011, 12:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Hill Dave Hill is offline
Registered User

Location: South Wales
Default Scale insects

On May 26, 11:12*am, Martin Brown
wrote:
On 26/05/2011 10:02, Ann Lancing wrote:

I have scale insects on a cultivated blackberry. The infestation was so
bad that I cut out all the stems.
Will it come back with the new shoots, if so how can I kill them?

Quite likely. I am amazed scale insect can actually be a nuisance
outside in the UK after the last couple of winters. Maybe the ladybirds
got zapped by the cold too. This is one pest like woolly aphid where I
would be inclined to use a systemic insecticide like Provado or
something a bit more effective/noxious and abandon this seasons fruit.

http://apps.rhs.org.uk/advicesearch/...e.aspx?PID=224

Lists all the options.
Soft soap tends to just end up with nice clean scale insects.

Regards,
Martin Brown

Is that on a scale of 1 - 10 ?