Old 14-11-2010, 07:57 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
bobwilliams bobwilliams is offline

Default Purple Tulip

Maroochy wrote:
bobwilliams wrote:
I just got back from my vacation in N.Z. and Australia.
I shot this tulip in the botanical garden in Hobart, Tasmania.
Bob Williams

Nice one, apart from Tasmania, what parts of Australia did you visit and did
you enjoy your trip?

My cruise ship started in Auckland and visited about 8 ports in N.Z.
Then a one-day stop in Hobart.
Cruise actually ended in Sydney but I stayed an extra 4 days in Sydney
to do some sightseeing and gift shopping.
Unfortunately, the weather was not very cooperative for 2 of the 4 days.
The locals said that heavy overcast and rain was was quite unusual for
that time of year. Nevertheless,we did some good sightseeing. City
tours, (Opera House, Botanical Gardens, Australian Museum, Darling
Harbor, Circular Quay area etc.), beach tours to Bondi and Manley and a
delightful 2-hour cruise of Sydney Harbor.
The US Dollar did not go very far in Sydney, at least not in the
downtown area where we stayed.
All in all, we enjoyed the visit very much but I wish I could have
stayed 4 weeks instead of 4 days. One can't even skim the surface of a
city as large, varied and colorful as Sydney in that short period of time.
It's like coming to the US and trying to absorb the flavor of the nation
by visiting New York City, Chicago, or Los Angeles.
The ambiance of each city is totally different.
Bob Williams