Old 14-11-2010, 09:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default California Poppy in Tasmanian Botanical Gardens

"bobwilliams" wrote .

After traveling over 7,000 miles from San Diego to Tasmania, I
discovered that the California Poppy is very popular in that area.
In fact, much of the Tasmanian flora is similar or identical to that in
Southern California. I guess the climate must be similar.
Here is a keeper taken in the Botanical gardens.
Bob Williams

You sure that's a Californian Poppy (Eschscholzia californica), doesn't
look right to me, not in flower or leaf.
Looks more like a Papaver species/variety possibly an Icelandic Poppy or
Welsh Poppy.
The latter I let seed itself around my garden, it grows where it likes and
is easily weeded if it should come up somewhere you don't want but it seldom
seems to preferring places other plants don't want to grow like right
against walls etc.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden