Old 16-11-2010, 07:16 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Garrapata Garrapata is offline

Default California Poppy in Tasmanian Botanical Gardens

In article bobwilliams
wrote:

I just take the pics and try my best to get it right.
This sign in the garden led me to believe it was a California Poppy, but
maybe that is a local common name for the flower....A papaver.
See Below:....

This one is a hybrid Eschscholzia californica, the finely divided leaves
are the easiest way to tell them apart, the long, narrow seed pods are
another. The pinkish disk(torus) at the base of the pod makes it E.
californica rather than another species
--

09=IX