Old 21-11-2010, 10:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default grafting of a cactus

Am 21.11.2010 22:28, schrieb Mad Cow:
In hway.telekom.at,
writes
In Feb 2010 I tried to graft an epiphyllum on a trunk of a young
Myrtillocactus Geometricans. It survived so far, hopefully I will bring
it to bloom sometimes. Blooms will be reported

http://tinyurl.com/26tgvsd [the image 800x800, 27KB]

[ A MIME image / jpeg part was included here. ]

It certainly looks healthy. What was your purpose? Does it make the
Epiphyllum a more convenient plant to grow indoors?

It's just an experiment and no special purpose behind. The principal
idea was just to build something in the shape of a palm-tree. The trunk
has a height of only 40cm tho. If it works I'll try bigger trunks. In
the meanwhile I'll be watching, -if the grafting survives anyway-, the
manner of growth and the effect on the blooms. I'm expecting blooms in 2
years at the earliest.

Thanks for being interested.