Old 26-05-2011, 10:22 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Suzanne Suzanne is offline

Default Can rootstock be grown when scion fails?

"Derald" wrote in message

"Suzanne" wrote:

Are bittersweet oranges used for most citrus rootstock,
or just for oranges?

A definite "that depends" LOL! Oranges, mostly, although lemon stock is
widely used for oranges as well as for other varieties (including lemons)
but,
in the main, it produces a less flavorful product.

Heh. So if I let these grow, it will be a crap shoot with a total mystery
as the final product? That in itself is reason enough to let them grow! I
could even start a pool with my friends--"Guess the variety"--payable years
down the line when the rootstocks make their varieties known!
--S.