Old 27-05-2011, 02:22 AM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Jim Elbrecht Jim Elbrecht is offline

Default Pumpkins in the USA

Jim Elbrecht wrote:

-snip-

The Sugar Baby pumpkins that I used to grow for pies were a 60-70 day
crop- unlike the big ones that are 120+.

I can't find "Sugar Baby" -- but further thought & a bit of poking
around makes me think these were more like 90 day pumpkins. I
planted them 2nd week of June & first frost was usually mid-Sept.

This page has a bunch of pumpkin varieties and mentions the vine,
which reminded me that these things I used to grow were 'bush'
pumpkins.

Jim