Old 27-05-2011, 10:13 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Jake Jake is offline

Default Blasted rain

On Fri, 27 May 2011 01:08:31 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On May 27, 8:11*am, Dave Poole wrote:
Some intermittent, fine drizzle during the day, but by early evening
the sky cleared. *Sunshine and clear skies again this morning, which
is OK, but I'd much rather have some of Dave Hill's torrential rain -
my plants need to do some growing and sprinklers or hose pipes are
never as effective as a steady rainfall.

We had another 0.4 inches yesterday, now I just want to see sunshine
and no wind so I can get going with the planting.
David Hill

I think the tables were turned at last. Chucked it down all day at my
end of Swansea Bay. I don't have a rain gauge but a non scientific
observation is that the water level in one of the birdbaths was an
inch higher in the evening than it was in the morning.

Fine day today though.
Jake