Old 18-01-2011, 04:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Wolf K[_2_] Wolf K[_2_] is offline

Default Signs of Spring: Snowdrops

On 17/01/2011 7:21 PM, Gertrude wrote:
Doesn't handle multi-part posts,
and hiccups on yEnc, neither of which bother me.

And you say it works well, what a joke!
--
I Know That I Know What I Know

?????

I'm still bemused by NG clients that break up posts. There is no logical
reason for this. On dial-up, it will take just as long to download 1MB
whether it's a single file or two files. On DSL, a large file is no
problem. If an ISP has some kind of limit on uploaded file size, then
get out of the contract ASAP, and use a better ISP.

As for yEnc: it is inconsistent, the inventor has abandoned it, and in
any case it seems to be used mostly by people who use automatic posting
posting programs in order to flood binaries groups with dozens or
hundreds of images at a time. None of these encourage me to pay
attention to yEnc posts.

Cheers,
Wolf K.