Old 18-01-2011, 05:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather
Mad Cow Mad Cow is offline

Default Signs of Spring: Snowdrops

In article , Wolf K
writes
On 17/01/2011 7:23 PM, Mad Cow wrote:
[...]
I seldom had these problems until I got 64-bit Windows and realised too
late that my existing newsreader wouldn't run on it. This more
primitive version does everything I need except that in Usenet posts it
won't allow MIME encoding of attachments, only UUencoding.

Erm, your header says it's using Mime 1.0. Maybe that's the problem: a
Uuencoded data chunk in a Mime post. In which case, it's an Agent glitch.

I doubt there are many more newsreaders out there.

I've tried Xnews, quirky interface, but otherwise very capable. Don't
know whether there's a Vista/W7 64-bit version.

Thanks Wolf, it might work anyway, if it doesn't depend on Windows for
anything much.
I'll give them a try when it starts raining again (probably next week!)

--
Sue ]