Old 06-02-2011, 11:02 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Willi Willi is offline

Default A little grafting

Am 06.02.2011 15:17, schrieb Bob Hobden:

"Willi" wrote

I grafted a plum-tree in January. Success will show whether I chose the
right time.

http://members.aon.at/supervague/ivi...m_grafting.jpg
[800x800px 50.6 KB]

So what plum or plums did you graft onto what stock?

A very old variety. Actually the whole thing is a shrub that grew from
the roots of an old plum-tree. It has nice flowers in spring and
yellow/green edible fruits in late summer. I think it is a 'Prunus
myrobalane'. The twigs, that I grafted on, are from that very tree that
has been on these roots. I took scions some years ago and inoculated
them on a seedling. This tree is the source of the new scions. The old
tree has died in the meantime (You see the upper part of the broken
trunk in the background).

I did more graftings in January (plums and peaches). If one or more will
be sprouting, I'll send another picture.

Thanks for being interested.