Old 25-02-2011, 01:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens,alt.binaries.pictures.weather
Travis Travis is offline

Default Signs of Spring: Snowdrops

On Tue, 18 Jan 2011 11:49:21 -0500, Wolf K wrote:

On 17/01/2011 7:23 PM, Mad Cow wrote: [...]
I seldom had these problems until I got 64-bit Windows and realised too
late that my existing newsreader wouldn't run on it. This more
primitive version does everything I need except that in Usenet posts it
won't allow MIME encoding of attachments, only UUencoding.

Erm, your header says it's using Mime 1.0. Maybe that's the problem: a
Uuencoded data chunk in a Mime post. In which case, it's an Agent
glitch.

I doubt there are many more newsreaders out there.

I've tried Xnews, quirky interface, but otherwise very capable. Don't
know whether there's a Vista/W7 64-bit version.

I'm using TB 3.1.7, suits me. But I don't see much spam, because my ISP
(Bell Canada) has excellent spam barriers. The last month or so, one
piece of spam from a hi-jacked address, otherwise nothing.

Cheers,
Wolf K.

Bell Canada has SPAM filters on USENET?

--