Old 27-05-2011, 04:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] JonH@Underthewagon.net is offline

Default First Garlic ..........

On Fri, 27 May 2011 13:03:20 +0100, "'Mike'"
wrote:

http://www.thegarlicfarm.co.uk/ now on the Isle of Wight
http://www.iwcp.co.uk/news/news/brot...ity-38927.aspx

Mike

I sampled my first clove from the garden about three weeks ago. My
Garlic patch has suffered from the depredations of the local wildlife
and then stems of a number of plants have been broken. So, I lifted
the bulbs from the more seriously damaged plants. The bulbs are
disappointlingly small but nevertheless flavoursome. Next year's crop
will be planted in a more secure and better prepared plot. I'll start
them off earlier and will certainly plant more.

Regards
JonH