Old 09-03-2011, 01:22 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_6_] Paddy's Pig[_6_] is offline

Default Backyard 041

"cebo" wrote in message

Pat: Is this the same momma from last years series? Is there egg shell on
nest? Hatchlings already?

I don't know. I suspect it's the same gal but I don't know how I'd prove
it. I thought about re-examining last year's pics but I don't know if I'd
recognize her or not. It's the same breed anyway --- and she built her nest
within 8" of the old one! )

As far as the "egg shell" goes I'm not sure what that stuff is. It's
definitely not hummingbird eggshell. She's sitting on 2 eggs and they've
got a ways to go yet. I've seen that white stuff on every hummer nest I've
looked at. They scour the area looking for spicerwebs, cotton, and
decorations to build with and they always seem to find that white stuff.
Maybe it's paint. I don't know.
--
Pat Durkin
http://www.flickriver.com/photos/paddyspig/