Old 23-03-2011, 02:17 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Paddy's Pig[_7_] Paddy's Pig[_7_] is offline

Default Scientific Name Eschsclozia californica COMMON NAME CALIFORNIA POPPY Family Name Papavaraceae

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Paddy's Pig" wrote ...

Wildflower - not usually considered a garden flower.

It is over this side of the pond. :-)
Excellent flower for those "Cottage Gardens" and wonderful for covering
ground in sunny places.

Yeah. I realized after I'd posted it that that comment was misleading. The
truth is that you'll see them landscaped into a lot of gardens over here
too. But it's a native plant.
--
Pat Durkin