Old 20-04-2011, 10:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default poorly camelia

"woodcocs" wrote
I have a camelia. It is now about 7 years old and has always lived in
pot. This spring it is not looking too healthy (see attached photos).
A lot of the leaves are yellow/brown. We did have a cold winter. The
leaves haven't fallen off and I can't see any pests/fungus etc. I
looked on the web for common problems with camelias and it doesn't seem
to be any of those. I think it may just be nutrient deficient as I
hadn't changed the earth on the pot for 2 or 3 years. I've moved the
plant to a more shady position and repotted in fresh ericaceous soil.
Is this enough to help it recover or should I do some other things?
Thanks

Sounds like you have done the right thing but a word of warning, one of ours
that is a tree about 15ft tall is showing similar leaf problems and leaf
loss during the last two years. I'm beginning to wonder if there is a "new"
disease around.
You can see the leaves of mine at...
http://www.flickr.com/photos/bobhobd...7626110259390/

--