Old 28-05-2011, 09:51 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Baz[_3_] Baz[_3_] is offline

Default Multi Purpose Compost

Dave Hill wrote in
:

On May 28, 8:07*am, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"mrcpea" *wrote ...

Can anyone recommend a good quality Multi Purpose Compost other
than J. Arthur Bowers. We've found this to be rather inferior & not
as good as it used to be.

I think that is a problem we are all having, always used Levingtons
but t

he
last lot of that I bought had mouldy bits in it, non-sterilised
composted waste I suspect.
Used a "John Innes" this year and it's worked better although I have
mixe

it with other stuff depending on what I'm potting up.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I find that B & Q Multi pourpous Compost, (with peat) is good

A silly question maybe, but how does a person grade a compost? To be honest
I use what is available and fits my budget. Is it a flower and shrub thing
because I only grow vegetables and any old thing I buy is as good as the
rest.
Having said that, I have been asked to grow some chrysanthemum and would
like to make a go of it if I am going to do it. A new thread to start?

Baz