Old 28-05-2011, 03:17 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Willshak Willshak is offline

Default Help me rescue my new lawn

garden_gal2 wrote the following:
Hi all
Bit new to this so any help appreciated.

I had new turf laid in my garden on Monday. It looked amazing at first,
so pleased with the result!

However, we have had very hot dry weather since and despite watering, I
think part of the lawn may now have died. When I returned home from work
yesterday (having watered for 2 hours the night before) two of the turf
'slabs' were a different colour from the others, looking straw-like and
an odd blueish shade of green. They felt really dry. I watered it for a
further two-and-a-bit hours focusing mainly on these areas, but this
morning the discolouration was still there

My mistake may have been waiting until dusk to water (as the gardener
told me to do this to avoid scorching) or possibly a faulty sprinkler -
I'm not sure it has covered all areas. However my neighbours did not
water on the first day at all (we both had the turf laid on monday) and
their still looks in better shape.

Has the turf died or can I revive it somehow with more watering? I'm so
worried about it as this was an expensive and long-awaited project and I
can't believe I've ruined it so quickly. Please help!

Scott's lawn watering page (short video)
http://www.scotts.com/smg/learn/vide...110528141110:s
or: http://preview.tinyurl.com/3unr9h9

--

Bill