Old 28-05-2011, 08:50 PM
kay kay is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery Davis[_3_] View Post
On 05/28/2011 10:05 AM, kay wrote:
Something like Sorbus Joseph Rock will grow tall but not too wide, and I
have a pink berried Sorbus which is still tiny after 10 years. And there
are small cherries too, not just the ubiquitous Amanagawa.

How tall to you reckon it will get, Kay? I've got a young one and I'm a
little concerned about some electrical wires. It's 2 years in the
ground, and growing like gangbusters. Could probably just about move it
next winter, still.
Which one? The Joseph Rock? I dunno - I guess you'd have to Google for eventual height. Mine has been in about 18 years, I'm really dreadful at estimating heights, but I'd guess it's about 6m - about 2ft higher than the mulberry that went in at about the same time.

I'm on clay in a frost pocket at 400ft in Yorkshire, so not the best growing conditions.