Old 28-05-2011, 05:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
JIP[_2_] JIP[_2_] is offline

Default Multi Purpose Compost

Jake wrote:

On Sat, 28 May 2011 01:25:10 -0700 (PDT), Dave Hill
wrote:

On May 28, 8:07*am, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"mrcpea" *wrote ...

Can anyone recommend a good quality Multi Purpose Compost other

than J. Arthur Bowers. We've found this to be rather inferior &
not as good as it used to be.

I think that is a problem we are all having, always used

Levingtons but the last lot of that I bought had mouldy bits in
it, non-sterilised composted waste I suspect.
Used a "John Innes" this year and it's worked better although I

have mixed it with other stuff depending on what I'm potting up.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

I find that B & Q Multi pourpous Compost, (with peat) is good

If I remember right, Which? published a review in January 2010 which
said that B&Q multipurpose (with peat) was the best and also the
cheapest of those that it tested.

I don't use multipurpose any more but in the past my own experience
was that Westland was generally the best.

Cheers
Jake

You are dead right - I subscribe to Which? and they reported lots of
tests and founbd B&Q multipurpose best for all sorts.

JIP