Old 28-05-2011, 06:34 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
rbel[_2_] rbel[_2_] is offline

Default my frog

On Sat, 28 May 2011 15:42:39 +0200, bob wrote:

Are you sure it's a frog not a toad? iirc toads are more often solitary
(and longlived)

not certain but...la voici

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/10508583/IMG_0158%20ps.jpg

He looks very warty for a frog. Frogs hop, toads sort of clamber along.

Janet.

I've never actually seen it move, and I don't like to move it along.
You're right, it is fairly warty.

Given the colour and the black spots it looks very much like the
Edible frog, Rana esulenta. If you are interested in garden
amphibians you may want to have a look at this NE pdf:
http://naturalengland.etraderstores....glandShop/NE18

rbel