Old 25-05-2011, 05:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
Bob Hobden[_3_] Bob Hobden[_3_] is offline

Default What is this Plant?

"Bob Hobden" wrote ...

"Tracey Kaye" wrote

I am new to this forum but wondered if anyone could help. I have an
allotment and the attached photo is of a gorgeous orange flower that is
there, with nasty looking leaves. Does anyone know what it is? I am
having problems with something biting / stinging me - and wanted to rule
this out. Thanks

That is an Oriental Poppy ( Papaver orientale ).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_orientale

From the other replies it would appear Gardenbanter are no longer reusing my
free posts on their money making web site. At least, it appears the original
poster can't see it. Excellent.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden