Old 29-05-2011, 08:10 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default urg on GardenSAlley.com (was Weed free garden anyone?)

"Janet" wrote in message
In article , Nospam@invalid
says...

On Sat, 28 May 2011 17:26:14 +0000,
(Dalinda) wrote:

a reply to an urg post of mine, written a year ago

Sheesh! I nearly had a panic over missing posts until I realised the
original message was from June last year.

I have just taken a look at GardenAlley dotcom. Like gardenbanter,it's
a website which acquires posts from urg to populate its website. But there
the similarity ends.

Unlike gardenbaneter, Garden alley makes no mention of usenet m
uk.rec.gardening, or the fact the material comes from elsewhere. They have
in fact renamed urg's content

"Gardening in the UK- yet another gardening in the United Kingdom forum"

What's more, they do not honour x-no-archive.
Of the urglers names and addresses involuntarily preserved for posterity
on their website they say

http://www.gardenalley.com/privacy.php

"We do not control the privacy policies of our business partners,
advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks.
GardenAlley.com users should also be aware that, when you voluntarily
disclose personal information in chat areas or bulletin boards, that
information may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited
messages from others.

And as the final joy, Gardenalley..and all its current articles from urg
are on display in Facebook.

Janet

Look at all the extra free advertising for those who post with a business in
their signature. Is that not what they want?

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.