Old 29-05-2011, 08:11 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Warwick Warwick is offline

Default GARDENALLEY.com is run by idiots was urg on GardenAlley.com

On Sun, 29 May 2011 01:14:47 +0100, Janet wrote:

I have just taken a look at GardenAlley dotcom. Like
gardenbanter,it's
a website which acquires posts from urg to populate its website. But
there the similarity ends.

Unlike gardenbaneter, Garden alley makes no mention of usenet m
uk.rec.gardening, or the fact the material comes from elsewhere. They
have in fact renamed urg's content

I've looked on the wayback machine and it looks like they did until
fairly recently.

What's more, they do not honour x-no-archive.
Of the urglers names and addresses involuntarily preserved for
posterity
on their website they say

http://www.gardenalley.com/privacy.php

And no means of contact except a form.

"We do not control the privacy policies of our business partners,
advertisers, sponsors or other sites to which we provide hyperlinks.
GardenAlley.com users should also be aware that, when you voluntarily
disclose personal information in chat areas or bulletin boards, that
information may be collected by others and may result in unsolicited
messages from others.

And as the final joy, Gardenalley..and all its current articles from
urg
are on display in Facebook.

I wonder what FaceBook will have to say about that?

Warwick