Old 29-05-2011, 08:41 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default urg on GardenSAlley.com (was Weed free garden anyone?)

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message
"David Rance" wrote

Janet wrote:

I have just taken a look at GardenAlley dotcom. Like
gardenbanter,it's
a website which acquires posts from urg to populate its website. But
there
the similarity ends.

Unlike gardenbaneter, Garden alley makes no mention of usenet m
uk.rec.gardening, or the fact the material comes from elsewhere. They
have
in fact renamed urg's content

"Gardening in the UK- yet another gardening in the United Kingdom forum"

In which case it's a good thing that the weekly "Welcome" message states
clearly that this is uk.rec.gardening. Maybe I'll alter the intro to make
it even clearer! ;-)

This is bad! It will make people think twice before posting to this and
other Newsgroups. I wonder if putting a legal property rights line on ones
signature will allow us to sue these thieving people? Could be a good
earner.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

If anyone is going to be paranoid about their posts being displayed
elsewhere, don't write to 'Letters to the Editor' in local newspapers,
because they get repeated in all sorts of places, AND on the internet. I
regularly write to 1855 local newspapers all over the country to do with my
ex Service Associations. They appear in all sorts of glossy local and
national magazines :-)) which is just what I want :-)) Publicity for the
Association I am writing about at the time.

AND, beware being interviewed on local Radio as well, that will be recorded
and repeated at other times. I know because I have held interviews on nearly
all BBC Local Stations and responses have come in later when the
interview/broadcast has been repeated.

If you don't want publicity, take yourself OUT of the public eye

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.