Old 29-05-2011, 09:30 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default urg on GardenSAlley.com (was Weed free garden anyone?)

On 2011-05-29 08:53:52 +0100, Martin said:

On Sun, 29 May 2011 07:07:56 +0100, David Rance
wrote:

On Sun, 29 May 2011 Janet wrote:

I have just taken a look at GardenAlley dotcom. Like gardenbanter,it's
a website which acquires posts from urg to populate its website. But
there
the similarity ends.

Unlike gardenbaneter, Garden alley makes no mention of usenet m
uk.rec.gardening, or the fact the material comes from elsewhere. They
have
in fact renamed urg's content

"Gardening in the UK- yet another gardening in the United Kingdom
forum"

In which case it's a good thing that the weekly "Welcome" message states
clearly that this is uk.rec.gardening. Maybe I'll alter the intro to
make it even clearer! ;-)

Maybe we should all have a sig that points out the origin of our
messages posted here.

--
ORIGINALLY POSTED TO UK.REC.GARDENING

Good idea. What Garden Banter and Garden Alley do is at the least, a form
of intellectual theft. Or at the end of each post people could write
"This will be stolen and used by advertising forums" ;-)
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com

But isn't advertising what all businesses need and require?

And this is a FREE form of advertising, how the blazes can that be wrong?

Henry Ford said 'Half of the money I spend on advertising is a waste of
time. The trouble is I don't know which half'.

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.