Old 29-05-2011, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] tinnews@isbd.co.uk is offline

Default Hosepipes - Is it me?

Charlie Pridham wrote:

"Eurofeeds" wrote in message
. com...
I laugh when I see it suggested that you leave a timer connected to a tap -
with the tap open.

Every hosepipe and connector I have ever had leak or blows off the mains
tap/sprinkler. And that includes expensive ones with a Z in the name.

Is it just me?

They don't if you use the proper screw thread connectors and gekos for where
you want to undo and reconnect.

Our mains pressure is such that, long term, hosepipe will balloon and
eventually burst (long term being some weeks).

--
Chris Green