Old 29-05-2011, 01:42 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Hosepipes - Is it me?

"Eurofeeds" wrote in message
. com...

"Charlie Pridham" wrote in message

"Eurofeeds" wrote in message
. com...
I laugh when I see it suggested that you leave a timer connected to a
tap - with the tap open.

Every hosepipe and connector I have ever had leak or blows off the mains
tap/sprinkler. And that includes expensive ones with a Z in the name.

Is it just me?

They don't if you use the proper screw thread connectors and gekos for
where you want to undo and reconnect.

--
Charlie, Gardening in Cornwall
and Lapageria rosea cvs

What's a geko (apart from a lizardy thying)?

A metal connector in two halfs which twist together and lock with rubber
seals, much more reliable than those snap connectors. (I may have spelt it
wrong!)

There shouldn't be pressure on the hose, fit the timer valve to the tap and
the hose to it, so if the valve is shut, no pressure on the hose, if the
valve is open then so are the watering outlets so you shouldn't get full
pressure and even if you do it will only be for a few minuets