Old 29-05-2011, 05:19 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default urg on GardenSAlley.com (was Weed free garden anyone?)

On 2011-05-29 15:11:31 +0100, Stewart Robert Hinsley

In message , Sacha
writes
On 2011-05-29 13:52:01 +0100, David Rance
said:

On Sun, 29 May 2011 Sacha wrote:

And, more importantly, posts to urg have been altered by someone
malicious to my certain knowledge, especially those relating to the
charter.
Can you give an example?
David

Here it is. I think it shows the mischief that can be done by malicious
postings appearing to emanate from urg or its members but I have no idea
if this is the only example because I haven't gone hunting. Read the
paras from Binaries onwards:
http://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united...r-uk-rec-garde
ning.html

That isn't a case of a post to u.r.g. being altered (on GardenBanter).
That was a troll "parody" of the charter that was posted on u.r.g.

Which, nonetheless, shows the damage that can be done, which is actually
the important point, rather than *how* it was done. As the second sentence
of the above says "appearing to emanate from urg or its members". HOW,
doesn't matter. If we're going to be correct and pedantic, I doubt anyone
can go into Garden Banter and alter what have then become 'their posts'.
What they can do, as you point out, is parody information given and unless
we're all going to monitor our posts' copies on GB, put your name or
anyone else's to something you have not said or alter its sense entirely.
I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that there are people posting and
lurking here who would love to do both because they have nothing better to
do, or because they have a grudge against urg. The post I cited is a
clear example of the latter, imo. Who would write an apparent urg post to
GB stating that advertising here is to be used in such a way and that 18
lines sigs are acceptable unless they hoped to harm this group and upset
its members? Can you think of anyone?
--
Sacha
South Devon

So ........

..

There are two answers.

1) ""If you can't stand the heat, stay out of the kitchen"". If you don't
like your posts being transferred to GB, don't post

and

2) Start your own forum where people have to subscribe to be members, you
then have control over the nasties, AND, post a warning as a stickie that
any post re-posted on ANY OTHER forum or newsgroup and you will sue.

Stop bleating

Mike

It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.