Old 29-05-2011, 06:59 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Bee-keeping; potential nuisance to neighbours?

On May 29, 10:48*am, "AL_n" wrote:
Hi Does anyone know anything about beekeeping? I have a long garden and a
local beekeeper is hoping I'll allow him to keep bees on the land. (I could
use a bit of extra income). However, I am just wondering if his ten hives
would create a nuisance for my neighbours. There is one neighbour whose
garden is a mere 12 metres from where the hives will be located.

Many thanks,

Al

BTW, the temperament of bees is variable. Some are quite aggressive,
some are docile. Different breeds you see. Like dogs.
Keep animals away from the hives, they may get attacked, even killed.
They go for the eyes and nose.
Ideal to keep the neighbour's cat away!
Obviously keep children away too. Or get them involved. Educational.