Old 29-05-2011, 08:52 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David Rance David Rance is offline

Default urg on GardenSAlley.com (was Weed free garden anyone?)

On Sun, 29 May 2011 Jake wrote:

This seems to be a case of someone taking a URG post and reposting a
new version rather than altering an existing post. Little can be done
to stop that - it's a fact of life.

Just what I was trying to say.

I've just been looking through GB and GA. If the "welcome" message is
changed, it won't affect GB much as there's a "sticky" post of the
former "abc" titled message from 2003 right at the top of the message
list. You have to scroll down to find the more recent ones. People
probably won't do that. The "sticky" links to the original charter
wording though another link to demon is now broken.

Yes, we sorted that out a year or two ago. Cormaic is now hosting it
though he doesn't have time to post here any more.

How one updates a
"sticky" on GB I don't know.

Ask them, I suppose.

OTOH, I can't find this thread on Banter or Alley! Then nowhere can I
find two posts I made over an hour ago.

It's listed under the original title of the thread, "Weed free garden
anyone?"

David

http://rance.org.uk