Old 29-05-2011, 09:41 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
alan.holmes alan.holmes is offline

Default Slug trouble ... but not in the garden!!

"Janet" wrote in message
In article bac976ae-f460-4059-bc2b-
,
says...

On May 29, 2:38 pm, Janet wrote:
In article ,
says...

Slug trouble ... but not in the garden!!
We have slug trails across the lounge and kitchen floor every morning
(haven't seen one in the garden for ages). No idea where they're
coming in -
any thoughts anyone?

We had the same problem in the previous house (very old cottage with
thick stone walls built direct on earth, no foundations). The slugs were
coming up from underneath the house, and because the woodwork was all
very
uneven against stone, they could find tiny gaps to squeeze through. (So
could mice. We could hear mice skittering around deep inside the stone
walls at night, where there must have been gaps and cavities).

The answer to slugs, is nocturnal hunting and destruction.. and maybe a
shake of slugpellets pushed down any cracks where the slime trails
disappear down under floorboards, skirtings etc.

Don't leave petfood dishes lying on the floor because any slugs will
make
a beeline for them

Janet.

Had a large Leopard slug making its way through the cat flap.

We get giant Leopard slugs here :-( Ugh.

What is the difference between a Leopard slug and an ordinary slug?

Alan

Janet.