Old 29-05-2011, 09:56 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default urg on GardenSAlley.com (was Weed free garden anyone?)

In message , David Rance
writes
You need to check copyright legislation. If A acquires B's usenet post
and sells it as X's own for commercial gain they have breached B's
copyright in law. And that has happened in this group.

Well I don't know about Garden Alley but Garden Banter is certainly not
selling access to the newsgroups. I haven't subscribed to Garden Banter
but I can access urg without paying.

Garden Banter is, I assume, selling advertising, and using u.r.g.
material to attract eyeballs. I believe that falls into the remit of
copyright law, and that Garden Banter operate under the implicit
license.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley