Old 30-05-2011, 06:05 AM posted to rec.gardens
Billy[_10_] Billy[_10_] is offline

Default Will you be gardening 10 years from now?

In article
,
Chris wrote:

OK, global climate change is a fact. I don't want to get into whether
it is caused by humans or not, so I will ignore any replies that argue
that.

My gardening question is this: all the best scenarios say weather will
become more extreme and more variable. Variable extreme weather is
death to the home gardener. Any suggestions on this?

Chris

For the last 4 decades, as I read it, there have been no global cold
records, however there are a number of global record highs. The rain is
going to move North, and the greatest temperature change will be at the
higher latitudes. Water shortages may begin in 9 years. I don't mean to
alarm anyone, but exponential growth is impressive. One becomes 2,
becomes 4, which becomes 8, to 16, and so on and so forth, usw. Now, if
you had a pond that filled exponentially in 13 days, at how many days
would half a pond be?

For example, if just the ice around Greenland melted, it would raise the
sea level 6'. Out of 150 original glaciers in Glacier National Park, 29
remain.

Do you know who your Congressional representatives are? What are they
doing about Global Warming, over population, and the disappearing water,
which without "modern crops" can't be grown. A whole lot of countries
including China, India, and the U.S.A. are running out of water quickly,
like in California where farmers can make more money selling water than
they can farming.

Contact your Congresspersons, and maybe stake your claim to the first
Arctic Ocean resort.
--
- Billy

Mad dog Republicans to the right. Democratic spider webs to the left. True conservatives, and liberals not to be found anywhere in the phantasmagoria
of the American political landscape.

America is not broke. The country is awash in wealth and cash.
It's just that it's not in your hands. It has been transferred, in the
greatest heist in history, from the workers and consumers to the banks
and the portfolios of the uber-rich.
http://www.politifact.com/wisconsin/.../michael-moore
/michael-moore-says-400-americans-have-more-wealth-/