Old 30-05-2011, 06:59 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Hosepipes - Is it me?

On May 29, 9:17*pm, Jeff Layman wrote:
On 29/05/2011 18:46, harry wrote:

On May 29, 11:19 am, "Eurofeeds"
*wrote:
I laugh when I see it suggested that you leave a timer connected to a tap -
with the tap open.

Every hosepipe and connector I have ever had leak or blows off the mains
tap/sprinkler. And that includes expensive ones with a Z in the name.

Is it just me?

You need a pressure reducing valve. *Simple.

I've yet to find one of those which doesn't leak - seems to be essential
to its mode of operation.

--

Jeff

It needs to be plumbed into the pipework not fixed with mickey mouse
hoses. It could cover the whole house there are benefits elsewhere
too.
You may already have one ajacent to your stop tap in the road.