Old 30-05-2011, 07:03 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default Hosepipes - Is it me?

On May 29, 10:06*pm, Martin wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 21:53:44 +0100, Jake Nospam@invalid wrote:
On Sun, 29 May 2011 21:38:10 +0100, "alan.holmes"
wrote:

"Martin" wrote in message
. ..
On Sun, 29 May 2011 11:45:26 +0100, "Charlie Pridham"
wrote:

"Eurofeeds" wrote in message
eds.com...
I laugh when I see it suggested that you leave a timer connected to a
tap -
with the tap open.

Every hosepipe and connector I have ever had leak or blows off the mains
tap/sprinkler. And that includes expensive ones with a Z in the name.

Is it just me?

They don't if you use the proper screw thread connectors and gekos for
where
you want to undo and reconnect.

We fitted a tap with the correct screw thread. The tap its self leaks..

Then if you are unable to fix it, get a plumber in!

Alan

--

Martin

It's surprising how many garden taps leak, usually from the point
where the spindle with the handle at one end meets the tap body at the
other. Try tightening the nut that you'll find on the main body at
that point. But don't tighten too much or you won't be able to turn
the tap on/off.

After a while it un tightens itself and leaks again.
--

Martin- Hide quoted text -

It needs new packing fitted, it has gone hard.