Old 30-05-2011, 12:05 PM
LaUran LaUran is offline
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by harry View Post
On May 30, 12:22*am, "M" wrote:
I am a novice gardener and have planted seed potatoes and expect a crop very
soon. *I have a lot of foliage which is now flowering but have no idea when
to harvest. I have watered well during the hot weather.

The type of potatoes are Charlotte, Highland Burgundy Red main crop and
Salad Blue second early.

Is there a way of knowing when they are ready?

Thanks

Dig a plant up and have a look. Generally by the time flowers appear,
there is something there.
In a few weeks now, blight will probably start to appear on
susceptable varieties. So if there are potaotos there, may as well eat
them!

I have given upon these blue thingies. Just a novelty and foul tasting
in my experience.
Here is a link to harvesting and storing potatoes.
HTH