Old 30-05-2011, 02:23 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
'Mike'[_4_] 'Mike'[_4_] is offline

Default Changes to the welcome message.

"David Rance" wrote in message
On Mon, 30 May 2011 David Rance wrote:

Yes, thanks for the suggestions. I like them:

"Welcome to any newcomers to uk.rec.gardening!

This group is designed to be used as a Usenet newsgroup.
You may be reading it via a website such as Garden Banter or
Garden Alley, which copies our messages. On such websites
you may not get access to posting unless you register with them.
With a newsreader program you have direct access to the group
without registration. You may also find that the presentation of each
message with its replies is easier to follow. If you do not already have a
newsreader program you can choose one from the many offered he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders."

There's more detail about where to find information about what newsgroups
are and how to read them which is what I wanted. Thanks, RG.

I've just realised that users of Windows Mail and Windows Live Mail
already have a news client available to them. So the latest version is:

"Welcome to any newcomers to uk.rec.gardening!

This group is designed to be used as a Usenet newsgroup.
You may be reading it via a website such as Garden Banter or
Garden Alley, which copies our messages. On such websites
you may not get access to posting unless you register with them.
With a newsreader program you have direct access to the group
without registration. You may also find that the presentation of each
message with its replies is easier to follow. Windows Mail and
Windows Live Mail contain a newsreader client but if you do not
already have one you can choose from the many offered he

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Usenet_newsreaders."

David

http://rance.org.uk

David I think that is spot on. There will now be NO EXCUSE for people on urg
carrying on about their postings being copied elsewhere.

Mike

Remember, a statue has never been erected to a critic.