Old 30-05-2011, 07:25 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
harry harry is offline

Default When to harvest potatoes

On May 30, 4:33*pm, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
"Martin" *wrote ...

harry wrote:

I have given upon these blue thingies. Just a novelty and foul tasting
in my experience.

Us too. I am sick of novelty potatoes.

Depends what you mean by novelty, we tried Mayan Twilight last year and are
growing it again this year, make wonderful sauté potatoes. *They are also a
Tomato leafed Potato, quite distinctive.

--
Regards
Bob Hobden

If you ever travel in Peru or Ecuador, (home of potatos) they have a
huge range of potatos in the markets there. Fifty or sixty different
sorts. Things you never see here.
There is one that is apparently poisonous until it has been frosted.
It's blue one too, so look out! Heh Heh!