Old 30-05-2011, 07:32 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Ian B[_3_] Ian B[_3_] is offline

Default When to harvest potatoes

harry wrote:
On May 30, 12:03 pm, Martin wrote:
On Mon, 30 May 2011 00:26:07 -0700 (PDT), harry
wrote:

I have given upon these blue thingies. Just a novelty and foul
tasting in my experience.

Us too. I am sick of novelty potatoes.
--

Martin

We boiled ours and ended up with blues water and grey tasteless
potatos.

I've never understood why anyone would want to eat a blue potato. Not since
the days of Fanny Cradock and her infamous vegetable dyes anyway

I grew potatoes last year for the first time. They were just supermarket
ones and I forgot the varieties, but they were earlies. I just left them
until my greed got the best of me and cautiously dug one up to see what was
beneath.

Ian